The Society of Professional Journalists Fort Worth Professional Chapter has been supporting media professionals, media educators and media students throughout the North Texas area since 1946. Our programs provide information relevant to assist in understanding and coverage of current issues, which include open government and First Amendment issues. Join us!
- We are an official local chapter of the SPJ national organization and the only SPJ professional chapter in North Texas—all official members are eligible for SPJ national member benefits.
- We offer programs (some free) led by experienced professionals relevant to today’s media climate at monthly networking dinners.
- Our members include professionals and educators from all areas of the media industry that includes newspaper, online, broadcast, multimedia, freelance, photojournalism and public relations.
- We provide free training workshops to assist media professionals, educators and students to learn new skills.
- We award nearly $20,000 in college scholarships
- We celebrate the journalistic achievements of professionals, students and citizens every April with our First Amendment Awards and…
- We party! During the summer, we celebrate with our members at our Summer Splash Social. In December, we celebrate the holidays and raise funds for a good cause at our Holiday Spectacular.
Renew your dues or initiate membership in the Society of Professional Journalists,
the world’s largest, most broad-based member organization for new professionals.
NATIONAL DUES CATEGORIES
Professional – $75
Spends more than half of working time as a journalists or j-editor.
Retired – $37.50
Retired (62 or older) professional journalist or journalism educator.
Associate – $94
Supports the SPJ mission but does not qualify as either of the above.
Household – $37.50
Shares living quarters with an SPJ professional member.
College student / postgraduate – $37.50
From freshman through three years after graduation.
Fort Worth Professional Chapter – $25
($15 household, $40 couple)
WHERE’S THE FORM?
Go to spj.org/join.asp